I am Roman Catholic by nature. Raised and believe in the teachings of the church. I have had my “doubts of faith.” I do not practice as a conventional Catholic and I am okay with that. I do no attend mass every Sunday. I do not pray to God everyday. I have grown to understand my faith and religion in a different way.
As I have grown older and developed various relationships in my lifetime, I have to say that I am truly blessed. I have been fortunate to meet the people that I have met. I am happy that I have had the opportunities that I have had. I really am amazed by how lucky I have been. There are so many people who have been influential to me in my journey. For many of them, I have not expressed this sentiment. So here is a list of those who have impacted me in different ways:
- My family – Dad, Mama Dukes, Jon, Nick, Mandy, Livi, Ryan, Ethan
- BG Crew – Tabs, Sanks, C.J., Jeff, Jeremy, Ryan, Michelle, Stepf, DTD, Jeannette
- Mentors – DAN T. – There is absolutely no way I would be where I am right now if not for him.
- SSU – Hammes, Jodi, Bruce, HMH, ED, all my students (especially the CSLIS student assistants – Kaitlin, Emch, Riley, JP, Anthony, and Tara)
- Lambda Chi’s – Reusing(s), Mikey B., Matty J., Dustin, Greg
- Alison Mathe – You get your own category because of how special you are to me.
All of these individuals (plus many more) have played a key role in my life whether they know it or not. I am happy to have been a part of their lives in some way because of how much they have contributed to me.